Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Just remembered my login and password...

Wow! I'm not sure whether to start with apologies or just a long list of excuses. I'll spare you both and lead directly into "training and blogging are very similar" in the regards that you can get burned out on both and when you don't see the results desired, it's easy to give up. During the past 5-months I have kept up with training but I obviously haven't kept up with blogging. I highly doubt any of you who read this were hanging on my every entry or postponing major life events until the next blog was written but if you were, please accept my apologizes and also my recommendation that you need to get a life. Hopefully you enjoyed the "break" as much as I did and hopefully you return to reading this regularly.

Just to catch you (and myself) up...here's what I've been doing the last 5 months.

My wife and I moved. She moved first, I followed 10-weeks later. During that time apart I found solitude and peace in...what else? running! I lived with friends and co-workers in different areas in Omaha, NE and got to run some different routes that I normally wouldn't have found or gotten the chance to. During that time period I really solidified running as my hobby and passion and really enjoyed running (not necessarily being away from my wife). We are both happy with the move to our new town (an added benefit is its much flatter, so inherently I've become faster!)

In May I set a Marathon PR in the Lincoln Marathon. I was paced by my dad during the first half of the race as he completed his first half marathon. My wife also completed her first half-marathon, so it was "Family PR Day" in Lincoln. I think we all enjoyed the event and Lincoln vaulted itself to my favorite marathon thus far.

In addition to moving and running, I started a race called "A Midsummer Night's Trail Run." With the help of my best friend, an outdoor enthusiast, we combined our passions into a 4-mile trail run that took place at dusk, with the course leading you through hills, over rough terrain, and in tree covered forests. I could write 9-10 entries on the race and what it took to make it happen, but I'll save those for another day. For more information on the race, check out http://www.runhastings.com or Facebook search "A Midsummer Night's Trail Run."

As I get into the thick of training for my third marathon I'm sure they'll be stories to share, funny experiences, and some interesting findings along the way. I hope to be more diligent in sharing those with you. If again, there is a long absence in writing, believe me when I saw "it's me, not you." But, be sure to post your feedback, examples, stories, and questions.

Happy trails!
& Welcome Back!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back!!! I can't wait to read more STMISR posts! :)

    ReplyDelete