Tuesday, October 4, 2011

HGTV and other distractions...

My wife and I recently purchased cable television. We've never had cable (never needed it and in my opinion still don't) but in order to watch our beloved football team and have a television where we could provide the programs guests and family members want to be entertained by, we caved in and purchased the service. Since purchasing cable, we've found ourselves in front of the television more than ever. Its hard to stay motivated to train and run in and of itself, and having 24 hour sports channels and my new favorite HGTV, its been easier to come home kick-off the shoes and catch a half-hour of House Hunters than getting in the necessary training run.

In addition to purchasing cable, we've been completing some remodeling (and by remodeling I mean some simple painting) but as we're learning there's nothing "simple" about painting projects. As we all know, painting takes time and its been cutting in to my running time and motivation to run after completing the project. We're almost done, but I'm sure that means just another project awaits. This fall and winter I'm going to have to make more of a commitment to my training. Is anyone else in the same boat?

Personal Update:
We just completed our 2nd year of Market-to-Market, a relay race from Omaha to Lincoln. It's one of my favorite and most anticipated events each year. Our team ran faster than last year and put forth a great effort.

I'm running the Kansas City Marathon in a few weeks, but am currently suffering from runners knee, fluid, or tendinitis in my right knee (self-diagnosed). I pushed it too hard in the above mentioned Market-to-Market and might pay for my competitiveness in Kansas City.
I'm really excited for a big city marathon and hopefully the knee will heal and cooperate by then. I've never been to Kansas City in my life, so talk about a new running trail! I'm super stoked to see the city. (26.2 miles....what a cool way to see a city for the first time!)

We're still receiving great feedback from A Midsummer Night's Trail Run and I'm hearing great stories about people starting to run or making running more a part of their lives. Love hearing both! Keep 'em coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment