Monday, December 27, 2010

Paid Time Off...


Where did the last few weeks go? It's almost 2011. My wife and I have been home just one weekend this month and will have been on the road more days than at home in December. There is a lot to talk about so for this post it will come in the form of random-thought paragraphs.


  • I've worked 1 2/3 days in the past 2 weeks. Rough life, huh? If only employers would go for schedules like this, think of what it could do for your training.
  • Anyone could train for a marathon if their training ground was the beach. I was fortunate enough to spend 5 days in Mexico with my wife and her family. We had a great time including an early morning 13-mile run for me! I was only going to run 10 miles, but what's a few more miles when you're running on the beach next to clear turquoise-blue water? (I don't give too many personal shout outs but I have to give one to my sister-in-law's boyfriend for waking up early on vacation to finish the last 2 miles of my run with me.)
  • I got some new running shoes: Muzino Wave Precision 11. They are the ugliest shoes I've seen in awhile, but it's not about what you look like, right? They are very comfortable and light weight. They are a neutral shoe, so if you have a neutral stride, they come highly recommend.
  • Tomorrow begins the official 18-week program for the May 1, 34th Annual Lincoln National Guard Marathon. It will be nice to be on an official training schedule. Lately I've just been running whenever and however far I've felt like (which too has it's benefits).
I hope everyone had a great Christmas and get your 2011 running goals ready! I encourage you to add "run a half-marathon" or "run a marathon" to your New Years resolutions!

1 comment:

  1. Bring me to Mexico next time.

    And I'm thinking of running another half. You may have just convinced me to add it to my growing list of resolutions :)

    ReplyDelete